March 14, 2021
Find helpful links to resources connected to the COVID-19 pandemic located in the communities we serve.
COVID-19 has brought new challenges and obstacles in each of our lives. The closure of schools and businesses throughout our country is a cause of concern for many. Here are some resources and information that may be of assistance to you and your families during this difficult time. This page will be updated as we become aware of new opportunities.
General & Regional Resources:
– Protect Yourself: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
– Manage Anxiety & Stress: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
New York State Department of Health
– Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
– COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline: 1-833-697-5829
NY Connects: Find Local Offices – https://www.nyconnects.ny.gov/contact-us
– Basic Needs: https://211lifeline.org/taxonomy.php?&tax=B
– Emergency Food: https://211lifeline.org/taxonomy.php?&tax=BD&tax=BD-1800
– Emergency Shelter: https://211lifeline.org/taxonomy.php?&tax=BH&tax=BH-1800
– Income Support: https://211lifeline.org/taxonomy.php?&tax=N
– Individual & Family Support Services: https://211lifeline.org/taxonomy.php?&tax=P&tax=PH
– Mental Health: https://211lifeline.org/taxonomy.php?&tax=R
– Emergency Shelter: http://www.211wny.org/search/common/housing-17/?type=common&code=BH-1800
– Mental Health Crisis Intervention: http://www.211wny.org/search/common/mental-health-19/?type=common&code=RP-1500
– Pregnancy & Early Parenting: http://www.211wny.org/search/common/pregnancy-early -parenting-15/?type=common&code=BM-6500.1500-150
Aunt Bertha* – search for nonprofits and reduced cost services by zip code.
Economic Resources (National & Regional)
Buffalo Niagara Partnership – Resources for Buffalo Niagara businesses.
CDO Workplace – Jobs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Coronavirus Tax Relief – IRS resources.
Know Your Rights: The COVID-19 Housing Edition – Virtual Session from the Volunteer Lawyers Project.
New York RX Card – Pharmacy discounts for all residents of New York State.
New York State Department of Labor – Unemployment insurance, job openings, and other information.
– How to File a Claim: https://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/how_to_file_claim.shtm
Social Security Administration – Coronavirus updates.
Food Assistance Search by Region
FeedMoreWNY – Provides food for families in Niagara, Erie, Cattaraugus, and Chautauqua counties.
Food Bank of the Southern Tier – Provides food for families in Broome, Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, and Tompkins counties.
FoodLink – Provides food for underserved families in Allegany, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates counties.
Salvation Army – Empire State Division – Meeting human needs across 48 counties in Upstate New York and Sayre, Pennsylvania. Social service hubs are located in Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse.
Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities Support
Learning From Home (State-wide & National)
Mental Health Resources & Support
Transportation by Region
Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority – Coronavirus updates for public transportation in Niagara and Erie counties.
Regional Transit Authorities – Bus fares waived temporarily for Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, and Wyoming counties.
Resources and Information by County
Click here for helpful resources individual to the 18 counties we serve.
*NOTE: Organizations found on 211 WNY, Aunt Bertha, or Pantry Locator may or may not have the capacity to assist during this time. Please call any resources identified in advance to determine if they have the services or items you require.