March 14, 2021
Information About the COVID-19 Vaccine for People with Disabilities
Find out more about eligibility requirements and vaccination opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
People over 16 with intellectual and developmental disabilities in New York are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. This is great news and our Care Coordinators are proud to connect people we serve to the vaccine!
You can find out if you are eligible for the vaccine and locate vaccination sites using the Am I Eligible? app through New York State. For more information, contact the New York COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline at 1-833-697-5829.
The helpful links below can help you better understand the vaccine, and make an informed decision on whether to receive it:
– Special Presentation on the COVID-19 Vaccine from DDAWNY
– New York State COVID-19 Vaccination Official Information
– COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ | Person Centered Services
– Vaccines for People with I/DD Living at Home
– Office for People with Developmental Disabilities Handout
– CDC launches COVID-19 resources for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
– Talking to Patients with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities about COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC
– “Get Your COVID-19” Vaccine Video
– COVID-19 Information in Plain Language