Throughout this transition, we know that you have many questions. Person Centered Services is here to address all updates that will serve as the foundation for your future.
Individuals & Families
People who are currently supported by a Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC) for I/DD services will receive information on the enrollment process and the many beneﬁts of care coordination. People new to OPWDD services will be connected to a Care Coordination Organization as part of the Front Door process.
Care coordination builds upon the MSC services of today by delivering:
- Comprehensive care management
- Care coordination and health promotion
- Comprehensive transitional care
- Individual and family support
- Referrals to community and social support services
- Use of health information technology to link to services
It is Person Centered Services’ intention to keep Care Coordinators located in the same community as they are currently located today.
Work is underway to map the locations of the existing workforce.