OPWDD has offered relief regarding the completion or updating of Life Plans and Staff Action Plans during the COVID-19 crisis. On Sunday, March 22, we communicated the following to all Person Centered Services Care Coordinators:
- Effective March 7 and until further notice, you are NOT required to meet original deadlines for Life Plans.
- All current Life Plans and Staff Action Plans remain in effect until further notice.
- You do not need to start any new Life Plans, including for new enrollees.
- If you have a Life Plan in process, the previous existing plan remains in effect and there is no need to complete the plan that you have in process.
- All addendums and changes can be made after this crisis is over, even if you add new services. We will keep you informed on any timeline we receive from the state for updating Life Plans, but for now there is none.
- Please continue to communicate with providers to the extent you can until this crisis is over, as the health and safety of all individuals we serve is the top priority.